Enter your info to get your FREE report: 5 Simple Ways to Find Your Dream Job
What You Need for a Career Change
Posted on April 26, 2023 under Career & Work
The realization of – and surrender to – needing help is the turning point in any career change.
You will need the help of caring and qualified individuals to pull off an employment transformation.
It’s that simple.
Once you are clear and committed to change, it’s likely you’ll need quite a few of the following:
- Love and support from family and friends
- Networking contacts
- A career coach
- Talent assessments such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Legal counsel
- A health and wellness regimen inclusive of a spiritual practice
- A tax accountant and/or financial planner
- A therapist or family counselor
The sooner you assemble your support system the sooner your transformation begins. You will rely on your trusted team during the ups and downs of change.
Start reaching out right now to your professional network.
Don’t know where to look? Begin here:
- People you would love to support
- People who could refer to you and you to them
- Past employers, clients, partners, and colleagues
- Groups you’re already a part of such as alumni
- Formal networking groups such as BNI
- Professional groups or associations for your industry
- Places where people you’re targeting “hang out” socially
- Doing what you love (volunteering, book clubs, biking, hiking, etc.)
- Social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
For more Career Development and Job Search tips, follow me on LinkedIn.
– Kelley Joyce, MBA, CPC
Kelley is a career development coach who is dedicated to helping people discover their career path and land their dream jobs. Kelley and her partner Josh live in New York City from which she has served hundreds of professionals across the U.S., U.K., and Australia since 2012 to radically change their relationship with work.
Join the Conversation on Twitter @kelley_ann or leave a Facebook reply below!